I love Paprika. I just do. And the smell of chicken grilling after being tossed in it, it makes my mouth water. This recipe is one of my family's favorite, because it's healthy and tasty.
Mexican Grilled Chicken
- 3 Chicken breasts butterflied
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar (or Monterey) cheese
- 1 Cup Pico de gallo
- 1/2 Lime
- 2 TB Paprika
- 1 TB Chili Powder
- 1 TB Garlic Salt
- 1/2 TB Onion Powder
- 1/2 TB Cumin
- 2 TB Vegetable Oil
- Heat the grill to high
- To start, put the chicken in a casserole dish, or something with edges.
- Add all the "marinade" ingredients and work into the chicken. Really make sure that the seasoning is spread evenly across the meat.
- Let this sit for about 10 minute
- Add the chicken to the grill and cook on each side for about 5 minutes. Since the chicken is butterflied, it will cook fast. And depending on your grill, you might want to stand guard and make sure you're checking it. Cook until no longer pink inside.
- For the final 2 minutes of cook time, add you cheese so it can start to melt.
- Serve over Spanish rice and covered with my Pico de gallo, it so good!
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 2464mg | Potassium: 771mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2725IU | Vitamin C: 7.7mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 2.3mg