When I was a kid, I hated tomatoes...with a passion. My mom would always shake her head saying, "Ketchup is your favorite food group, how do you hate tomatoes!" It's the texture I hated, and the taste and how everyone said they were healthy. If I found a tomato on my burger, the burger was beyond saving and offered up to whoever wanted it. It all changed one day… when I had an amazing pico de gallo. I hope you enjoy what I think is a pretty close recipe to the one I had that day. Of course, this recipe includes brain healthy tomatoes and grape seed oil.
My Pico de Gallo
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Onion small
- 1/2 Jalapeno
- 1 TB Cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 T Salt
- 1 TB Grape seed oil
- To start, cut your tomatoes into 4 quarters, and then remove the center portion and the pulp. Take the tomatoes and dice them into small pieces.
- Also dice up the onion to equally sized pieces.
- Take the jalapenos and mince so you even spreading out the heat.
- For the cilantro, chop it super fine, so again, you get a little bit in each bite.
- Add all 4 ingredients to a bowl.
- Now add in the grape seed oil, lime juice and salt. Then stir to combine. That's it!