What's better than dessert? A dessert where you can cook with fire! There's S'mores, creme brulee and bananas foster! My recipe for bananas foster focuses on a reduced fat version by cutting back on the butter and using milk instead of cream (ignore the fact I serve it over ice cream.) I hope you enjoy!!
A Lighter Bananas Foster
- 2 TB Butter
- 1/3 Cup Brown sugar packed
- 1 Banana cut into thin slices
- 1/4 T Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Dark rum
- 1/4 Cup Milk or heavy cream
- Melt butter in a small pan over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and stir to incorporate.
- Remove from burner and add the rum. Take your match/lighter and ignite. Woohoo! Flambe! Return to the burner and shake the pan a little. Each time you shake, the flame will intensify as more alcohol burns off. Once the flames go out completely, move on to the next step (maybe a few minutes)
- Add the bananas, cinnamon and pecans to the pan. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the milk or cream. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- That’s it! Let cool slightly and then serve over vanilla ice cream