I cook with pumpkin year round, but the winter is when I really crave it. These pumpkin waffles are one of my failsafe recipes to enjoy this flavor. The caramel maple syrup and toasted pecans add a sweet crunch to this breakfast treat.
1/2 T vanilla
2 TB oil
2 Eggs (whites separated)
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup pumpkin
2 cup boxed pancake mix
1/4 cup sugar
1 T pumpkin spice
1/4 T salt
Maple Caramel Sauce
1/4 cup caramel sauce
1/4 cup real maple
1/3 toasted pecans
Whipped cream of choice
- Heat your waffle pan.
- To the first bowl, add all your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- To the second bowl, add the milk, pumpkin, egg yolks, oil
- To the third bowl, add the egg whites. With a hand blender, beat the eggs until peaks start to form. This makes the waffles a little more airy and fluffy.
- Mix the wet ingredients (bowl #2) into the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Add batter to your waffle iron.
- Add your pecans to a pan and toast
- Add the caramel and maple syrup together and mix.
Once the waffle is done, sprinkle the waffle with the pecans and drizzle with the maple syrup mixture. Add a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!