Udon stir fry, it's what my oldest wants all the time, so I’ve spent a lot of time perfecting this recipe. It’s simple, fast and has a great flavor. You can dress it up with veggies, or as is, but it is an addiction at my house.
1/2 T sesame oil
1 T mirin
1 T minced ginger
2 cloves garlic
2 T sugar
2 green onion
2 TB soy sauce
1 1/2 TB grapeseed oil
6 Oz. Udon Noodles
1/4 Cup cashews
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the Udon. Cook for 10 minutes, or according to your package.
- Heat grapeseed oil in whatever pan you like to stir fry in. Make sure the pan is hot, then let the oil heat for a couple minutes.
- When the noodles are about 1 minute from being done, add the ginger and garlic to the oil. Fry for about a minute and then add the noodles. Stir the noodles around, toss them, keep them on the move. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar and mirin. Cook for 3 minutes, coating all the noodles well.
- Add the cashews and green onions. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Plate it up and drizzle with tiny amount of grapeseed oil, maybe 1/4 T. That’s it!