My mom’s mashed potatoes are legendary. They're rich, smooth, and sooooooo amazing. If you’ve struggled with gritty or soggy mashed potatoes, this is your answer!
3 russet potatoes
2 TB butter
2 TB milk
2 TB sour cream
1 T salt
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes
- Add them to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 12 minutes, or until you can easily push a knife through a piece.
- Drain the water and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Use a hand mixer and beat the potatoes until all the chunks are broken up, about a minute.
- Add butter, milk and sour cream. Beat on low for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Done! Yep, it’s that simple.