French toast is so simple and so very satisfying on a cold winter day. This recipe highlights my addiction with cherry pie filling. Seriously, I can eat it out of a can. The Cream cheese topping makes the whole meal rich and creamy. I hope you enjoy!
1/3 cup milk
1/4 T cinnamon
2 oz cream cheese
1/2 T vanilla
1 Cup powdered sugar
12 oz can cherry pie filling
Loaf of good bread
- Cut bread into 1 inch slices.
- Mix egg, milk and cinnamon in a medium baking dish, or an eight inch round.
- Lay a couple bread slices flat in the mixture and soak for a minute on each side.
- Heat a large pan or griddle to medium and spray pan with Pam.
- Add your bread and cook on each side for 4 to 5 minutes. You want to get it to be a nice golden brown color (but not too dark.)
For the cream cheese topping:
- Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl with a hand mixer.
- Once smooth and creamy, add vanilla and 1/3 cup of powdered sugar. Beat over low speed until the powdered sugar is mixed in.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar until it has all been incorporated.
To plate, cover your french toast with a thin layer of the cream cheese topping and then cover with the cherry pie filling (or fruit sauce of choice.)
That's it, a great way to start the day!