Cacio e Pepe is something that I had for the first time while in Tuscany. It was so flavorful, and so very simple. I’m not a huge fan of black pepper, but I love the way it stands out in this dish. I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients per serving:
1 cup parmesan
2 TB butter
1/2 T pepper
1/4 T salt
1 cup pasta water
1 pound pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add pasta.
- A few minutes before the pasta is ready, add your butter to a pan over medium heat.
- After the butter has melted add your pepper.
- Drain your pasta, reserving 1 cup of the water.
- Add your pasta to the pan with the butter and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and add your cheese. Toss the pasta to coat. Add additional pasta water if necessary.
Serve with fresh parmesan and enjoy!