This is a meal that is really, really basic, but it’s one that I grew up with, that I thought, “what the heck, why not.” I think that this was the first thing I ever made, I actually have a picture of me making it when I was around 8 or 9. It’s a great way to start the day though, you know, minus the butter (it's such a small amount.) The Natural Turkey hot dogs from Oscar Myers, which excludes nitrates, are a good source of protein, as are the eggs. I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients per serving:
2 Oscar Mayer Selects Natural Turkey hot dogs
2 Teaspoons of butter
- Cut hot dogs into small sections (about ¼ inch)
- Heat pan over medium. Add 1 teaspoon of butter and let it melt.
- Add the hot dogs and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the second teaspoon of butter.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and scramble. Add the eggs to the pan with the hot dogs and cook the eggs until no longer “wet.”
- Remove to a plate and add a little salt.
That’s it! A very easy way to start your day.