Ready for a fun recipe? I bring you Spaghetti Pie, or String pie as some people call it. It's a simple form of lasagna that still brings all those wonderful flavors to the table. This is one of the first things I ever made when I was dabbling in cooking, and I still like making it today (even my picky eaters are excited about it.)
Spaghetti Pie with Ground Turkey
- 1 1/2 pounds Spaghetti
- 1 TB Olive oil
- 1 lb Ground Turkey 85/15
- 20 oz Marinara
- 12 oz. Cottage cheese whole milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Butter melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil water and cook the spaghetti according to the package (it’s usually between 7 and 9 minutes.)
- Add olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Heat for a few minutes then add turkey meat. Cook turkey until no longer pink, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add marinara to the turkey and mix to combine. Caook another 5 minutes.
- Mix the egg, parmesan and 1 1/2 TB melted butter together in a lasagna pan (or any deep baking pan, like a 9 x 13.)
- Strain the pasta, add the remaining 1 TB of butter and let sit for 2 or 3 minutes before adding to the pan, because the scolding hot noodles could scramble your eggs.
- Add the noodles to the pan and stir to make sure that all the noodles are evenly coated. Smash the pasta down so that it forms one even layer at the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the noodles with the cottage cheese, and then cover that with the meat sauce (like the picture at the top of the page shows).
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on the top and cover the pan with foil. Bake for 20 minutes with foil and the 10 minutes without. Remove to cool for another 5 minutes.
- Cut your pie into pieces and enjoy!!