This is one of the most satisfying breakfast recipes I’ve made in a while. It’s a combination of crunchy and gooey. When the poached egg mixes with the beurre blanc, it’s a wonderful bite.
1 recipe of homemade breakfast sausage
1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
4 Pieces of Italian bread cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 Teaspoon salt
Mustard Beurre Blanc
1/2 Cup white wine
3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 Tablespoon stone ground mustard
3 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush each piece of bread with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cook the sausage patties.
- While the bread and sausage are cooking, work on the beurre blanc and eggs. The beurre blanc starts by adding the wine, mustard and vinegar and simmer for 8 minutes to reduce by half.
- Once reduced, start adding butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. It will thicken and come together.
- To make the eggs, bring water to a simmer and add the white vinegar.
- Crack an egg into a ramekin or a small bowl.
- Swirl the water with a wooden spoon and create a whirlpool in the pot and turn off heat. Slide the egg from the ramekin into the center of the whirlpool. This helps all the white stay together as opposed to spreading out like a spider web.
- Put a lid on the pot and let sit for 5 minutes.
- To assemble, put one piece of toast onto a plate and cover with the sausage. Scoop the poached egg out of the water, and place on top of the sausage. Drizzle with the mustard beurre blanc and enjoy!!