I love Oreo cookies. It's usually my treat of choice at night. I grab 1 or 2 with a glass of milk, and I'm good to fall asleep on the couch while the kids scream and run around the living room. One morning, I came down stairs and saw the Double Stuffed Oreo bag and thought, "Is it too early for my Oreo treat?" The pancake batter was right under the the Oreos, and a plan was formed. Hide the Oreos in the pancakes and my kids won't know that I'm sneaking a treat. I like this recipe because it encloses the Oreos in the batter to keep it from burning. I hope you enjoy!
2 Cups of your favorite pancake batter, plus an extra 1/4 of milk
10 Oreo cookies
- Heat griddle to medium high.
- In a zip top bag, break your Oreo cookies into chunks. You're looking for small chunks here, but not finely ground.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to the griddle and spread to a thin layer with the back of a spoon. You do this because you are doing 2 layers of batter, in order to really seal the cookies in (which prevents them from burning).
- Sprinkle the Oreo chunks on top of the pancake.
- Add just enough batter to cover the Oreo chunks, you don't want to pour a ton of batter on top or they will be too thick.
- After the pancakes have cooked for a few minutes, flip the pancakes over and cook for another 3 minutes.
That's it! Serve with a little maple syrup and you're ready to start the day.