I'm sure as you saw the title, you thought, really? You have to give it a try! You're probably also wondering, does it really tastes like a cheeseburger? To that I say yes, yes it does. The bread with American cheese and lettuce really drive home the cheeseburger-y-ness of the dish. I hope you try, and I hope you enjoy!
- 4 slices Bacon diced
- 1/2 Onion small, diced
- 1 pound Ground turkey meat 85/15
- 1 teaspoon Ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning salt
- 2 cups Beef broth
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 tablespoon Mustard
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 4 Slices Bread fresh, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 4 Slices American cheese
- 1 cup Iceberg lettuce shredded
- Add bacon to the pan and turn heat to medium. Cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove cooked bacon from the pan to a bowl. Set aside.
- Add onions to the pan and saute for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the turkey meat and sprinkle with seasoning salt and ground mustard. Cook until browned, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the Ketchup, mustard, beef broth and water and stir. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In an oven heated to 350 degrees, add your bread slices to crisp up. Once it's got a little crunch, top with a slice of American cheese.
- Pour soup into a bowl and add bread with American cheese (think French onion soup) and your finely shredded iceberg lettuce.
- That's it, enjoy!