I'm sure as you saw the title, you thought, really? You have to give it a try! You're probably also wondering, does it really tastes like a cheeseburger? To that I say yes, yes it does. The bread with American cheese and lettuce really drive home the cheeseburger-y-ness of the dish. I hope you try, and I hope you enjoy!
4 slices of bacon (diced)
1/2 of a small onion (diced)
1 pound turkey meat
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
2 cups beef broth
2 cups water
1/2 tablespoon mustard
1/3 cup of ketchup
good bread cut into 1 inch thick slices
American cheese slices
1 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- Add bacon to the pan and turn heat to medium.
- Remove cooked bacon from the pan to a bowl.
- Add onions to the pan and saute for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the turkey meat and sprinkle with seasoning salt and ground mustard. Cook until browned.
- Add the Ketchup, mustard, beef broth and water and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In an oven heated to 350 degrees, add your bread slices to crisp up. Once it's got a little crunch, top with a slice of American cheese.
- Pour soup into a bowl and add bread with American cheese (think French onion soup) and your finely shredded iceberg lettuce.
That's it, enjoy!