Chip beef is a recipe that my wife introduced me to. It is shaved beef chopped up in a gravy that you serve or toast.
Creamed Chipped Beef
- 4 oz. Sliced beef Two 2 oz packages
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 10 slices Toast to serve it on
- To start, you have to make a roux. Put your butter in a pan and heat over medium heat and melt.
- Add in the flour and stir into the butter. Let this cook for a minute.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk into the pan and whisk. You want to try and smooth out any clumps that form. If clumps do pop up, no biggie.
- When the sauce thickens (takes a few minutes), add your next half cup of milk, stir and let thicken (a few minutes).
- Add the last 1/2 cup of milk and stir.
- Add your beef and stir. Continue to cook until the sauce is thickened. Maybe another 5 minutes. Serve hot over toast. Hope you enjoy!
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 867mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 411IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 251mg | Iron: 3mg